Booking EcoWisdom for Talks, Programs, or Articles
Please be in touch with us if you wish to collaborate with EcoWisdom. We may also be available to provide in person nature connection programs in the region of South Algonquin, Hastings Highlands or Toronto. We have a team of facilitators available to provide customized virtual nature connection programs. We specialize in programming that is inclusive and accessible to people who may experience limitations associated with, for example, mobility, anxiety, communication, pain, and fatigue. We have experience working with specific populations, namely, people with disabilities/chronic illness, teens, educators, and seniors. We can be reached at email@example.com.
Community projects to offer accessible mindful nature connection training and programs
are undertaken in partnership with disability organizations, emphasizing the
engagement and leadership of those who have lived experience with disability.
EcoWisdom values its long-standing partnership with:
- Individualized Funding Resource Centre Society (https://www.ifrcsociety.org)
- Technology for Living (https://www.technologyforliving.org)
Our research collaborations are founded upon a collaborative approach where equity is
addressed and the perspectives of “experts through experience” are considered in each
stage of the research including design, implementation and information dissemination.
- University of Hertfordshire
- Supporting PhD candidates in clinical psychology.
- Kirsten McEwan – Dr. McEwan, a researcher of forest bathing/forest medicine, has been a guest speaker for EcoWisdom’s Nature and Forest Therapy Guide training program. Our informal surveys, interviews and observations have documented the wide-ranging benefits of our program model. Dr. McEwan is currently leading a formal research study involving qualitative and qualitative data on the impacts of EcoWisdom’s Accessible Nature Wellbeing Programs. This study has passed ethics review process associated with Derby University.
Forest Therapy Hub
EcoWisdom is partnering with Forest Therapy Hub to promote disability inclusion and accessibility for forest bathing programs and training of nature and forest therapy guides. For more information, see: https://foresttherapyhub.com/team/
Nature mindfulness programs are offered in collaboration with local businesses and
business associations as a way of supporting tourism in the South Algonquin and
norther region of Hastings Highlands.
- Hay Lake Lodge – https://www.haylakelodge.com
Erin Morlock is an EcoWisdom certified Nature and Forest Therapy Guide who has lives
on the shores of Hay Lake for several decades. She has a passion for sharing the
practices of mindful nature connection (forest bathing).
- South Algonquin Business Association – https://www.mysouthalgonquin.ca
EcoWisdom gave a presentation on mindful nature connection in tourism with Erin
Morlock of Hay Lake Lodge for SABA’s 2023 Annual General Meeting. EcoWisdom
collaborates with Hay Lake Lodge to provide onsite programming within the region of
- Four Corners Algonquin – https://www.fourcornersalgonquin.ca
Four Corners Algonquin offers glamping options with an accessible building with a
washroom and shower facilities. They also organize special night sky programs. They
partner with EcoWisdom and its pool of certified nature and forest therapy guides,
including Erin Morlock, to offer mindful nature connection (forest bathing) programs.
Appreciating Algonquin Nature Program
EcoWisdom is thrilled to offer guests of Hay Lake Lodge and Cottages, and visitors to the South Algonquin area an in-person mindful nature connection program designed to open your eyes and hearts to the spectacular beauty of this region. You will be introduced to the science and methods of the Japanese practice of Shinrin-Yoku, otherwise referred to as Forest Bathing. The program will include a guided nature meditation, poetry, and a series of invitations to foster a deepening connection to the natural world. We endeavour to create a non-judgemental, inclusive, atmosphere for sharing our experiences where participants are given opportunities to modify the way they participate. This relaxing 2.5 hr program will conclude with a wild harvested tea and light snack.
For more information or to book, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To book overnight accommodation, please contact: email@example.com.