Green prescriptions are becoming increasingly popular as the research documenting physical, emotional, cognitive, and creative benefits has become more prevalent.
Recent Articles on Green Prescriptions:
Contemplative time in nature, otherwise referred to as Forest Bathing or Shinrin-Yoku, has been found to result in many physical and emotional benefits, including:
- Improved immunity (NK cells)
- Improved mood (serotonin increases, cortisol decreases)
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Reduced ruminating thoughts
- Increased present-moment awareness
- Improved perceived quality of life
- Lowered blood pressure
- Regulated blood sugar
- Increased feeling of social connection and empathy
- Fostered understanding of interdependence
- Improved sustained attention and memory
- Increased creativity
- Improved spiritual wellbeing
Credentials of Program Supervisor:
- PhD Psychology
- Certified Nature & Forest Therapy Guide
- Certified Interfaith Spiritual Director
- Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher (in process)
We have a team of facilitators with backgrounds in forest bathing in combination with meditation, physiotherapy, massage therapy, counseling, and spiritual direction (interfaith/ no faith tradition).
We can support people who are experiencing:
- loneliness or anxiety
- symptoms of acute or chronic illness or injury
- chronic pain
- mild concussion
- overwhelm from caregiving responsibilities
- adjustment to a critical or chronic health diagnosis (self or family member)
- a challenge in accepting human mortality (self or loved one)
- a challenge in slowing down and adopting self-care practices
- a desire for a mind-body or mind-body-soul approach to wellness
According to the health care provider recommendations or wishes of the individual, our programming can incorporate:
- forest bathing/ shinrin-yoku
- mindfulness &/or meditation
- contemplative conversation
- spiritual direction
We specialize in supporting people who are experiencing a primary physical health issue who may also have secondary mental health challenges such as anxiety or stress. We do not offer psychotherapy.
Health Care Providers – You can refer your patients to us or invite them to contact us directly.
Individuals – You can contact us directly if you would like to explore the use of nature-based mindfulness, guided meditation/visualizations, and nature connection practices to support your physical, emotional and if desired, spiritual, wellbeing.
Groups – If you lead a group of people facing similar challenges, you are welcome to contact us for group programming.
Three individualized 1 hr sessions $200
Three individualized 1 hr sessions and one group program for $230
A written summary of individualized practice recommendations (add on) $100
Additional group 3 hr virtual nature-immersion retreat can be accessed for $50
Additional individualized 1 hr session $70
To book a session or obtain more information, please reach out to us: email@example.com